Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Doctor Appointment Update

19 Weeks 4 Days Pregnant

I just got back from my doctor's appointment.

It's official...bed rest for me.

Nothing serious. Just a precaution.

I don't know how many details to share. Basically, all the babies look great and they're right on track. When they checked my cervix and measured it - 4 different times I might add. It ranged from 2.9 down to 2.5. The doctor is going off the smallest measurement. Because of it's length and I have been experiencing some contractions he's going to try a few different things to nip it in the butt before it gets too far along to stop. So for now I'm on limited bed rest which basically means I can shower and get up to use the restroom and make myself something to eat, but other than that he wants me off my feet. He also gave me a RX for Nifedipine. I took this same thing when I went into preterm labor with B. I just take it when I experience contractions. He wants me to try this for a week and go in next Thursday to have my cervix checked again to see if it's changed at all. If it didn't seem to help then we'll do one of two options. Continue home bed rest but instead of taking Nifedipine I'll have to take progesterone once a week...this is a shot in the tooshy. yea. Or it sounds like if my cervix measures 1 then he'll want to put me in the hospital. Basically, let's hope the bedrest and Nifedipine work.

Guess we'll see in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment