Tuesday, August 31, 2010

This is our life...

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GE6zQ8FWok

(click on the link above)

This video of a fellow triplet family truly describes our life. This is exactly how it is whenever we try to go anywhere. Costco, Walmart, the zoo, the park.....anywhere. I swear all we hear is "boy you've got your hands full".  We can't go anywhere without getting interrupted.

Here are a couple doosies that we've experienced:

*One time I was at the zoo all by myself with all four kids. My 3 year old was throwing a tantrum and I decided we just needed to get home. So I picked her up---she was screaming and kicking mind you so holding her was no easy task. While trying to hold her in my arms i was pushing the triplets in the stroller UP HILL and two ladies decided to stop me in the middle of the hill "wait wait wait...stop. can we see your babies? those are triplets?!" they just wanted to make small talk and i was at the end of my rope. Could they not see my kicking three year old in  my arms, my bright read face, hear me gasping for air while trying to push the stroller up hill?

*Shopping with my babies I was trying to pay at a register and my babies were fussy in the stroller because it was the end of the shopping trip. I turn to find some man I don't know picking up Mason who was in the very front of the stroller to help adjust him in his seat.  I know he was trying to do something nice but I was in shock that a total stranger would touch my child without even asking me.

6 comments:

  1. That would be so hard! Watching that video was funny, but I totally can see how it would be hard to feel like your privacy is invaded. Not that this can even compare (so don't think I'm trying to)...but when we go to the store with our whole family we get a lot of comments about having all girls, having our hands full, trying to fix our baby's socks or bow, them all having different color hair - especially the redhead. People touch her, try playing with her, try to get her to smile at them, telling us about the person they know with red hair (like it's SO rare), asking us "where did the red hair come from?", or stopping while we walk by to talk about "did you see that little redhead girl?" like we're stupid and can't hear them, or they've never seen someone with red hair before. :) I think it's funny, but also annoying when I'm in a hurry and don't want to be bothered. :) Anyway, hopefully - like the video said at the end - it will get better with time for you and you'll kind of blend in to the crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny to watch that because when I went to the zoo with you that one time it was like I was the kid holding the camera watching you and that other triplet mom getting all the stares... it was a lot like that. You both handled it quite graciously though. Mosquito netting, what a good idea! I wouldn't have even thought of that but it's a perfect way to keep strangers from touching the babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That has got to be tough! You don't realize all that comes with just having three little babes at once, (not that I know), but that video sure says a lot! You are very blessed to have four healthy children. You are a wonderful mom and person for being able to take care of your children, and mark their milestones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even imagine what you go through with all these cute kids! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will never stare at a family with multiple babies again! Well, if your kids don't teach you patience then everyone else will! But you have to admit, your babies sure are cute to stare at :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet it does get annoying! However its just such a novelty and I am so interested to see how parents handle it and you take care of 3 babies on your own, I am always interested in families with multiples. I can't believe you brave the zoo on your own your kids are so lucky to have a mom like you! Some strangers are freakin crazy thats kinda creepy that they would touch your kid.

    ReplyDelete