Friday, August 14, 2009

Hospital Update 7

31 Weeks 1 Day Pregnant

6 Weeks 1 day in the Hospital

I know I haven't posted a belly picture in a while. I will try my best to do so within the next few days. It is unbelievable how much my belly has grown since 28 weeks.

This last Sunday Dr. P (aka Dr. Big Hands) came in and informed me that my Dr, Dr. E would be out of town for the next week on vacation. I was really frustrated at first because in the past 3 weeks I have only seen Dr. E for a total of 2 minutes, not even long enough to ask him all the questions I had and then he leaves for vacation without telling me. I'm normally not in the habit of wanting to know every time my doctors go out of town but in this situation where I could deliver at any time and I really haven't seen him in three weeks it made me really upset. I still think he's the greatest doctor however and want him to deliver me. I just think he spreads himself too thin. I wish he would've told me at the beginning he was too busy to take care of me.

Dr. P has been great this past week. He comes in every morning and asks how I'm doing. Although he is a lot quieter than Dr. E, I think Dr. P is a great doctor and If when the time comes Dr. E is unable to deliver me I will request Dr. P.

This week has been pretty uneventful. My stress test on Tuesday went normally. I have another stress test today. The only difference I've noticed this week is the contractions are definitely getting a lot stronger and more painful. The past couple days I have just had a really odd feeling and I think It won't be too much longer before I deliver.

Yesterday I asked Dr. P if he had any feelings or thoughts about what would happen or when I'd deliver. Dr. P was the last doctor to check my dilation. He told me with how my cervix was when he last checked, completely effaced, dilated to a four and really soft, he would be surprised and happy if I make it to 33 weeks.

So that's my goal, 33 weeks. It's crazy to think that's only 2 weeks away.

Another thing Dr. P informed me is that my week count is on Thursdays and not Saturdays like I've been told. WOOT WOOT! That is so exciting for me to gain a couple days without having to do anything!

I hope I can handle 2 more weeks. Right now I would love nothing more than to be done with this pregnancy. I know it's better for the babies the longer they stay inside but I don't think anyone, I repeat anyone can understand what I'm going through....even other triplet moms. Because every triplet pregnancy and person is completely different.

Not only am I so large it's difficult to get up and around, not to mention the babies are in my ribs and in my pelvis. So I'm feeling pressure everywhere. But also I have a pinched nerve in my back which is causing a sharp piercing pain in my groin....upper left leg. This creates an even bigger problem when trying to get up and around. The worst part about the pain is it prevents me from sleeping at night. For some reason when I lay down it's worse and I can't lay on either side I have to prop up my bed and try to sleep on my back....which is basically impossible for me. The other fun side effect this pregnancy has brought is a lovely rash all over my stomach....it is indescribable how painful and itchy it is. I've tried almost every cream and remedy I can think of and It hasn't helped. In fact, I think it's getting worse.

I asked Dr. P how much longer I'll have to get the progesterone shots in my tooshy (once weekly) and he said I will have them every week until I deliver....lovely. Not only am I sick of these shots (they burn for a few days after). But I'm also sick of the side effects they bring. I've broken out worse than I ever did as a teenager, nothing I use seems to help that either. It does start to clear up a day or two before my next dose of progesterone.....but then I get my next dose and they cycle starts all over again. I now know what they mean by the "pregnancy glow" I have a lovely greasy sheen all over my face.

One of the good things that happened this pregnancy is I didn't gain weight the same way I did with my last pregnancy. I still did gain quite a bit of weight. It was 4 pounds a week for a while there. My body has done really well with the gain and the only thing that has expanded is my belly....up until a few days ago, my feet, legs, hands and face are finally starting to show signs of swelling. This is a considerable amount better than my last pregnancy however because from the beginning of my last pregnancy I seemed to gain everywhere but my belly....it was great fun trying to loose it all afterwards.

Anyway. That's what's been going on the past week. Sorry if it came out as a sob fest. Some people like to know details while others don't. So if you're one of those ones that doesn't like details you can just skim or skip over this post all together.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you are so miserable! You really have had it rough but it will be worth it. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete