Monday, December 7, 2009

Yes, we do have moments of Insanity...

The babies are doing awesome and only get up once during the night to eat. Usually between 4am-6am. It's not always quiet leading up to the feeding however...most nights we have to tide over at least one baby until that feeding time. It's funny how they rotate which baby is fussy. One night it will be Madison, and the next it will be Mason...They like to take turns. Needless to say, yes, it is awesome that they only get up once to eat and we feel incredibly blessed to get this extra sleep, but sometimes it's not a deep sleep because of the babies fussiness. SO not having a full 7 hours of deep sleep sometimes at that early morning feeding my husband or I or both of us show signs of insanity.
This particular occasion was just over the weekend. I was feeding Evan and my husband was feeding Madison. He gets finished feeding her and realizes she messed her pants. He then goes to change her, opens her diaper and says, "Maddy....WHAT?......Oh.....this is Mason."
Yes, we do mix up our kids, and most frequently during the night.

3 comments:

  1. Ha! That is too cute, and quite funny.

    PS: I LOVE the version of "Baby Mine" you have set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha Ha! What a shock that must have been! I almost laughed out loud and that would be bad because I just got my baby to sleep. I'm envious they are sleeping so good for you, it is a very rare occasion that I am up less than twice a night still. Good job, you two are doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! Oh man, that's hilarious. I had to go hunt down Marty to tell him I was laughing so hard! Lack of sleep will sure do a number on us sometimes huh?

    ReplyDelete