Monday, June 22, 2009

Close Call!

23 Weeks 2 Days Pregnant

Today I had another appointment with Dr. E.
My cervix measured shorter. 1.7/1.6. It was at 1.8 last week. He told me last week if it got any shorter than 1.8 he would keep me in the hospital. Well, today he must've been in a good mood because he let me go home. Thank goodness! I go in again this Thursday however and he said if there is any change then he will keep me in the hospital (he keeps threatening that but hasn't done it yet so I don't know what to expect). He also said I will officially be 24 weeks that day...wahoo! This is the first big marker. 24 weeks supposedly is the earliest the babies can be born with a 80% chance of survival. Which is great but let's hope I can keep them in for a little longer. The doctor also said I have two options as far as the steroid shots for the lungs. Whenever they admit me to the hospital they will give me the steroid shots, it's part of procedure. Or since I'm 24 weeks on Thursday, even if I don't get admitted I can make the choice of getting the steroid shots if I'd like.
So here comes another wait game...

No comments:

Post a Comment