Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Hospital Update 2

25 Weeks 4 Days Pregnant

Alright....

I've decided from here on out I will write an update once weekly on my blog.

It's just getting old telling the same story over and over again. Plus it seems like whenever I get a text, phone call or e-mail asking for an update five billion things happen at once...they bring a meal, the nurse comes in to give me medication, or a doctor comes in to check on me.

I just figure it's easier this way. Everyone can be informed this way.

I finally saw my Doctor today. I feel relieved and reassured after talking with him.

He apparently didn't know I was admitted until yesterday. I had told every single nurse and doctor to contact him from the minute I was admitted but apparently they brushed me aside.

How he found out was he realized he hadn't seen me this past Monday. We have appointments every Monday. So he thought maybe his schedule was too booked for me to get in and I saw another doctor. He checked the database and couldn't find me in there at all. He called Dr. P (aka Dr. Big Hands) and bawled him out for not letting him know he'd admitted me.

He felt horrible and kept apologizing. He feels bad I'm in the hospital and have to leave B at home. He offered to bring me movies.

In my earlier post I mentioned my blood pressure is normally low and the medication they're giving me to stop contractions makes it even lower. Well the other day I told one of the residents or doctors that it was really bothering me. They were giving me the meds when my blood pressure was dangerously low and I was beginning to have really uncomfortable symptoms. I was extremely dizzy, my palms had big red splotches all over and my whole body was red-looked like i was blushing and i felt hot.

So the doctor I told this to wrote an order to the nurses that there was a limit on my blood pressure if it went below a certain point they couldn't give me the medication.

After I go to sleep at night my blood pressure goes so low they can't give me the meds but the nurses still come in to check and see if they can give me my meds, and it's always too low to give it to me. Well nurses up to this point after they see it's too low wait at least 4 hours before checking my blood pressure again...they're nice and try to let me get as much sleep as possible.

Last night's nurse however felt it was SO important that I take my meds she was coming in every hour on the dot to check my blood pressure in hopes it would go up and she could give me the meds.

Needless to say, last night was horrible.

I told Dr. E and he wrote an order that the nurses are not to bother me between 12-8, if I am experiencing contractions I will contact my nurse and they will give me the meds. Hoo-Rah! Hopefully I can get some solid sleep now!

Dr. E also told me to just expect to be in the hospital the duration of my pregnancy. He said there is a SLIGHT possibility of me going home. This is dependent upon my cervix not making ANY change from the last time they measured it. He didn't really give me a specific date to look forward to that will be the point they let me home if nothing has changed. He did say however if on the slight chance I get to go home I should expect to only be home a couple weeks before I get put back in.

He just wants me here in case anything were to happen. Everything is right here easily accessible for the preemie babies and my care.

Even though I didn't really receive any GREAT news today I feel so much better after having seen my doctor. Relieved. I feel more comfortable now. Even though he said he can't come see me every day he will be looking over my case and see me as often as possible...hopefully once weekly. I feel like I can breathe now.

Now back to watching TLC, reading Mary Higgins Clark and eating graham crackers...

No comments:

Post a Comment