Thursday, July 2, 2009

Admitted To The Hospital

24 Weeks 5 Days Pregnant

Today I was admitted to the hospital. I went in for one of my twice weekly appointments and my cervix measured the same but Dr. P....yes, I get all the luck, the day I get admitted I get a pelvic exam with Dr. Big Hands. Don't get me wrong he's a great doctor and knows what he's doing but holy cow I think HE might have put me into labor.
Well, he said I was dialated to a 2. So I got to stay in the hospital.
Sarah, you were totally right....being admitted with nobody there is very traumatizing. I couldn't stop crying for some reason. It stunk big time because here I am by myself bawling and they checked me in then took me to labor and delivery and started poking and prodding....got about a bazillion tests and got one of the steroid shots for the babies lungs....not pretty. Ya, it would have been a lot less traumatic if I had my hubby or mom there.
Now I'm hooked up to a contraction monitor...looks like i've been having contractions steadily roughly 8 minutes apart. Some I can feel, others I can't. I'm still on nifedapine but they added another medication that basically does the same thing as nifedapine.
My Doctor, Dr. E is out of town for the weekend. Dr. P came in a couple hours ago and said they are going to keep me in labor and delivery until probably tomorrow sometime so they can keep monitoring my contractions and the babies heart rates. All three babies are still doing great. Just my silly body won't hold on to pregnancies full term for some reason.
Because I'm still in labor and delivery and the nurses are in and out all the time and my privacy is scarce when they're in...modesty obviously isn't a concern right now. I'd appreciate no visitors for right now until things calm down and they move me out of labor and delivery.
Sigh....I'm looking forward to a great sleepless night in the labor and delivery by myself without my hubby(can you hear the sarcasm?). He brought B for a couple hours but her teething and terrible twos took over and the tantrums showed up so he had to take her home.
Overall I'm in good spirits. I just wish I knew what to expect next.

No comments:

Post a Comment