Saturday, July 4, 2009

"You're Just Barely Alive"?!?!?!

25 Weeks Pregnant

Last night's sleep was a heck of a lot better than my previous night's sleep in Labor and Delivery. It was oh so nice.

I had the worst possible wake up this morning however...

The medications they're giving me every 6 hours to slow/stop my contractions are actually pills they normally use for high blood pressure. So every 6 hours I have to have my blood pressure checked to make sure it's not too low before they can give me another dose. My blood pressure is always normally low without taking these medications. Well all last night it was just on the border-line of too low to give me the medications...but I barely met the cut off so they were able to give them to me last night.

This morning however my CNA comes in around 6:30 and checks my blood pressure...she asks if my blood pressure is normally low and I answer yes...then her response is,

"Well, it's so low right now you're just barely alive!"

She finishes up typing in the computer then as she's leaving she says, "Go back to sleep you still have an hour until breakfast....oh and happy Independence Day!"

WHAT THE?!?!?!

Who says that kind of thing and then expects me to go back to sleep? LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment