Wednesday, September 23, 2009

1st Doctor Appointment As A Threesome

Today was the triplets first Doctor's appointment all together. I was so glad my husband took the morning off work to help me take them in. I can't imagine having to do that by myself. Yikes.
All three babies are growing and doing well. Evan still weighs in as the biggest at 5lbs 6oz. Mason is right behind him at 5lbs 5oz. Madison is the smallest at 5lbs 3oz. Their next appointment will be their 2 month well-child visit, in October.
They're still on the Premature Enfamil Enfacare Lipil formula for the next few months and they're still taking iron supplements morning and evening. It's the hardest thing ever to remember to give them their iron, let alone who gets what dose...since they all are taking a different amount.
For all you moms of multiples out there here is some great info. The hospital dietrician signed us up for a multiples promotion through Enfamil and yesterday we received a whole case of the special preemie formula they're eating now for absolutely FREE....saved us a TON of money let me tell you. Before we got the case I had to buy a can at the store want to guess how much it was? $15.00 for a 12.8 oz can! Right now they go through approx 4 cans a week...can you imagine how much we'd be spending. I don't even want to think about it. So anyway, all you multiple moms, ask your hospital dietrician while your babies are still in the hospital about this awesome multiples promotion.
The babies are still eating every 4 hours. Every once and a while they bounce back to every 3 hours. They are still eating only 2 ounces every feeding.
Because Evan was sick while in the NICU with NEC we have to schedule an appointment with an optometrist. I'll let you know how that goes as soon as I take him in.
Anyway, that's my tidbit of information about the babies today.

Mason, Evan & Madison

Evan & Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment